User manuals - download
Drivers - download
You may also download the Finepix A500 brochure.|
Fujifilm's Super CCD imaging technology, once found solely in professional and advanced amateur digital cameras, is now available to every digital photographer. Fuji's FinePix A500 model is one of Fujifilm's new breed of entry-level digital cameras with Super CCD technology.
Fujifilm's decision to include the award-winning Super CCD sensor in its latest A-Series cameras is a boon to photographers who want the best image quality without the complexity of a more elaborate digital camera. Seven years ago, Fujifilm set itself apart from other manufacturers by introducing its own image sensor, the Super CCD. Using the human eye as a model and mimicking the way it functions, Super CCD enhances vertical and horizontal resolution, improves color reproduction, widens dynamic range, and increases signal-to-noise ratios and light sensitivities. All of these factors play important roles in the production of higher-quality digital pictures.
The FinePix A500 is ideal for the first-time digital camera buyer or any photographer who craves simplicity without sacrificing image quality. In addition to the Super CCD sensor, the A500 offers the following desirable features:
- 5-megapixel Super CCD HR performance. Users can enlarge pictures to an 8 x 10-inch print size without a problem and enjoy the zooming and cropping benefits that this new mid-range-resolution camera provides.
- 3x Fujinon zoom lens. Fujinon, a Fujifilm sister company, is a world leader in lens technology. Broadcasters, astronomers, scientists, and the military all use Fujinon optics. The A500 has a sharp 3x optical zoom lens manufactured by Fujinon.
- Internal memory. This is a great safety net for FinePix A500 users. They can fill up their xD Picture card and have the security of knowing some extra space is tucked away for those unexpected picture moments.
- LCD with anti-glare properties. Fujifilm is a world leader in anti-glare monitor coatings, and this technology can be found in millions of LCD, plasma, and other displays around the world. The coating reduces glare on the 1.8-inch LCD of the FinePix A500 for easier viewing in direct light.
- Four scene modes: portrait, landscape, sport, and night. These scene modes are great aids in getting the best picture quality in challenging photo situations.
- AA batteries. Two AA batteries power the FinePix A500. This is yet another convenience for the user since AA batteries are readily available.
Size: 9.3 (W) x 6 (H) x 2.7 (D) cm. Weight : 126g
USB, Video out and DC in at the right side
Running the Setup program
If you have additional documentation please consider donating a copy to our free archive.